Fundraisers working in the arts & culture sector were celebrated last night at the the third annual Emcees Awards.
The Emcees Awards were set up by =mc and the National Arts Fundraising School to recognise and celebrate the hard-work and achievements of those working in the arts and culture fundraising sector.
TicketSource had the honour of attending the awards show and sponsoring the Best Corporate Partnership Award. Nominees included HOME with Transport for Greater Manchester, Royal Welsh College of Music & Drama with UBS Wealth Management, Soft Touch Arts with Glynis Wright & Co, and Northern Ballet & First Direct Bank.
It was Northern Ballet & First Direct Bank who proved the winning combination on the night. Spotting an advertising opportunity, their joint project involved wrapping advertising for Northern Ballet's UK tour around the three articulated lorries used to transport their equipment, helping secure ticket sales for the performances in each city.
TicketSource's Head of Marketing, Terry Rosoman said: "It was a fantastic experience to be involved with the Emcees this year. Award shows like this are a great way to honour the incredibly hard-working people involved in securing funding for the arts. A huge congratulations to all the award winners, especially Northern Ballet & First Direct Bank, and massive thank you to NAFS for hosting such a wonderful event."
Above: Zoë Walker from Northern Ballet (left of middle) and Graham Smith from First Direct Bank (right of middle) accepting the TicketSource Best Corporate Partnership Award from TicketSource's Head of Marketing, Terry Rosoman (far left) and Digital Marketing Manager, Liam Martin (far right).
Emcees 2018: Full Winner List
- Best Fundraising Campaign over £100,000 (sponsored by Execucare)
- National Museums Scotland – Save the Galloway Hoard
- Best Fundraising Campaign under £100,000 (sponsored by Brown Creative)
- Williamson and Priory Friends – Green Gallery Campaign
- Best Corporate Partnership (sponsored by TicketSource)
- Northern Ballet – first direct bank: Keeping Northern Ballet Moving
- Best Supporter/Membership Scheme
- Coventry City of Culture – 2021 UK City of Culture Bid
- Best ‘Donor Love’ example
- Shakespeare Schools Foundation – Christmas Card Campaign
- Best Volunteer Fundraiser
- Petersfield Museum – Jeremy Mitchell
- National Arts Fundraising School Best Alumni Fundraiser