TicketSource is looking for an experienced Finance Administrator to join us in our Penarth office at a very exciting stage in our company’s growth. Undertaking a range of duties from day-to-day bookkeeping and month end reconciliations to preparing ticket settlements and assisting our Event Organisers and Customers with financial enquiries, this is a much more varied role than that of a normal Financial Administrator!
You will get to work in a lively and dynamic environment in an exciting industry, for a company at the forefront of ticketing innovation at events. You will work closely with the Operations Manager and the small finance team but liaise with departments across the organisation. As you are also required to assist our clients and customers, a friendly and helpful approach to customer service is also necessary.
Applicants should have experience in a financial role including bookkeeping but also be able to demonstrate their commitment to delivering a high quality of customer service. If you have an interest in theatre or events, even better!
Part-time (22.5 hours)
£20,000 pro rata
- Day-to-day bookkeeping using Xero
- Preparing and processing weekly ticket income settlements to Event Organisers
- Assisting Event Organisers with queries relating to ticket income and settlement
- Assisting Customers with ticket payment queries
- Processing customer refunds
- Administration of charge disputes
- Month-end bank reconciliation
- Monthly audits of client monies
- Processing sales and purchase invoices
- Assisting the Operations Manager with month end reporting
- Preparation for VAT returns
- Other ad-hoc duties relating to the business accounts
Experience & Skills
- Demonstrated experience in a similar, financial role
- Customer service experience
- Financial and numeric skills, high level of accuracy is essential
- Experience of using accountancy software (preferably Xero)
- A high level of competency with Microsoft Office – in particular, Excel
- Good organisational skills
- Accounting qualifications would be favourable
- Highly organised, good time management and an ability to work to deadlines
Hours of Work
- Monday, Wednesday & Friday, 9:00am – 5:30pm* (with one hour break)
*(or 9:00am – 5:00pm with a half hour break)
There is some limited opportunity to negotiate hours of work but please discuss this with the Operations Manager prior to completing your application.
For an application pack or more information regarding the recruitment process please contact our Operations Manager:
0333 666 4466
Application Closing Date
Thursday 21st March, 5:00pm
Week commencing 1st April
Launched in 2004 and based in Penarth, South Wales, TicketSource is a free, online ticketing and box office platform that is used by thousands of event organisers across the UK, Europe and America. Our dedicated team are passionate about helping event organisers run their events smoothly and successfully. Our aim is to provide a professional, friendly online ticketing experience to event organisers and their customers.