You can create rules-based discounting within your TicketSource account. This allows you to create specific rules that will automatically apply a discount to a booking if the booking meets these rules. For example:
- Buy three tickets for the price of two
- Spend £40.00 and get a £5.00 discount
- Buy ten tickets and get a £2.00 discount off each ticket
To create an automatic discount, please follow these steps:
- Hover over the "Settings" tab at the top of the page and select the "Automatic Discounts" option
- Click the "Add New Discount Rule" button
- Provide a Rule Description (e.g. 'buy three tickets for the price of two', 'buy 10 tickets get £2.00 off per ticket')
- Under "Events" select the event or events that this automatic discount rule will apply to
- If required, set a valid to and from date
- Select the condition type:
- Spend Value (minimum amount they have to spend to receive the discount) and then enter £ value.
- Buy Tickets (minimum number of tickets that need to be purchased to receive the discount) and then enter the minimum number of tickets.
- Book Events (the minimum number of 'unique' events that a customer needs to book to receive the discount. This would work for different events but not for an event that runs over multiple days) and enter the minimum number of events that need to be booked.
- Book Dates (the minimum number of dates a customer needs to book to receive the discount. This would work for an event that runs over multiple days) and enter the minimum number of dates that need to be booked.
- Under "Action", next to "Discount Type" select the relevant discount that you want to apply
- Next to "Discount Amount", state the £ or % discount that is to be applied
- Click "Save changes"
We do advise you to test the automatic discount rules via your back office by processing a multiple booking. When you have booked a sufficient number of tickets/events, the discount will be applied to your booking which will be displayed on the "You've Chosen" page. Once you have viewed the discount, cancel the booking and if required you can go back to your Automatic Discount Settings to adjust as required.
Please note: If you have multiple automatic discounts for an event or across multiple events, the system will check for applicable discounts in the order that they are listed in your Automatic Discount Settings, from the top downwards. Once created, you can move a discount rule up or down the list of priority by clicking on the 'Move' icon next to the rule. For example, if you have several discount rules created for group bookings, they would need to be listed in the following order:
- Buy 30 tickets, get 3 free
- Buy 20 tickets, get 2 free
- Buy 10 tickets, get 1 free
In this example, the system will work its way down the list until it finds a rule that fits the number of tickets purchased.