If an event is cancelled for any reason (e.g. poor ticket sales, illness or withdrawal of a performer, bad weather, etc) or an event is significantly altered (e.g. change of date, venue or headline act, etc) the customer is entitled to a refund of their tickets (including the booking fee but less a £1.00 handling fee per transaction). Ticket delivery fees or telephone service fee are non-refundable.
In this situation, TicketSource will notify all customers who have provided an email address of the event cancellation and will process the refunds on your behalf. However for this to occur, it is the responsibility of the event organiser to first cancel the event in their TicketSource account.
To cancel an event you will need to;
- Go to 'Events' | 'Cancel Event'
- Select the event you wish to cancel
- Select the reason for cancellation from the drop down list (if you select 'other' you will be asked to enter the reason for the cancellation)
Beneath this you will see the following message:
Please note: the following actions will take place when you cancel an event...
- the event will be automatically displayed as 'cancelled' on the specified date and no further bookings can be taken for the event on that date
- TicketSource will send an email to all customers of the event on that date (where an email address is available) notifying them of the cancellation. You will preview the email to be sent that has been populated with the information that you have provided. The email is sent automatically as soon as you select the final 'Cancel Event' button
- TicketSource will refund TS card bookings for the full booking amount (including booking fee) but less a £1.00 handling fee per transaction, back to the customer's card.
Click on 'Cancel Event' to cancel and send email to your customers.
FOR EVENT CANCELLATIONS - DO NOT PROCESS TS CREDIT OR DEBIT CARD REFUNDS YOURSELF AS THIS WILL NOT REFUND THE BOOKING FEE.
If you do not follow the cancellation procedure and process refunds yourself, TicketSource is not able to refund the booking fee retrospectively.