In order to keep your customer subscription status synched between your TicketSource and Mailchimp accounts you will need to add the URL, (found in 'Settings' | 'Customers' in your TicketSource account) as a webhook for your Mailchimp mailing list.
To add a webhook follow these steps in your Mailchimp account;
- Navigate to 'Lists' in the main menu
- Choose the list you are using to manage your TicketSource customers
- In the top menu on the list page choose "Settings" | "Webhooks"
- Click 'Create A New Webhook'
- Paste the URL from your TicketSource account into the Callback URL box
- Make sure unsubscribes is checked below 'What type of updates should we send?' (TicketSource ignores all other update types)
- Under 'Only send updates when a change is made...' make sure a subscriber and account admin are ticked and the API is unticked
- click 'Save' to finalise
Mailchimp will update the customer record on TicketSource automatically when a customer unsubscribes from your mailing list.
A separate option will automatically remove a customer from your Mailchimp list if the customer record is deleted from your TicketSource account.
To allow this to happen you will need to change a setting in your account.
- Go to the tab "Settings" | "Customers"
- Select the tick option in the middle of the page to 'Unsubscribe a customer from your Mailchimp list when their TicketSource customer record is deleted '